The City of Lincoln is a full service municipality that recognizes the importance of excellence in delivering customer service. In an effort to meet this goal, the city seeks individuals for employment that are service-oriented, experienced and qualified in their field of work. The city has many departments to meet the demands of our consumers. The departments include the following: Administration, Court, Building Inspection Services, Revenue, Parks & Recreation, Library, Public Works (water, sewer and street), Police, Fire and Rescue.
Those individuals that desire to seek employment with the city may pick up an application at City Hall or download by clicking the icon below. Please return completed application and resume to the City Clerk's office. We will retain your application on file for sixty (60) days.
The City of Lincoln ensures that all individuals have an equal opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, or national origin. The City of Lincoln is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.
Employment opportunities listed on this page, in no way, ensure that the position remains open. The city attempts to keep the listings current.
Applications are being accepted for the job listed below:
NOTICE OF VACANCIES
The City of Lincoln Water Department has two job vacancies for Crew Member Code 608. Attached is a copy of the job description. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an application to Danny Groce, Water Operator at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 161 Speedway Industrial Drive, Lincoln, Alabama.
The deadline for filing an application is August 2, 2017.
PUBLIC UTILITIES DEPARTMENT (WATER/SEWER/STREET)
CREW MEMBER - WATER & SEWER DEPARTMENT CODE: 608
This is a skilled labor position that assists as needed in potable water and sewer maintenance activities. The employee performs various tasks, which include cleaning and maintaining facilities; mowing grass, repairing and replacing broken pipes, pumps, belts, floats; etc. Incumbent works under the supervision of the water, sewer, and street department supervisor.
- Assist as needed in the operations of the water and sewer department.
- Ensure adherence to safe working practices and procedures.
- Check and maintain all equipment.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance.
- Maintain buildings and facilities
- Operate mowers and power equipment.
- Perform other job related duties and special projects as required.
- Considerable knowledge in the operation of street and sewer equipment.
- Skill in the use of tools used in general repair of mechanical equipment.
- Ability to express thoughts clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read well and grasp the meaning of written communications.
- Ability to understand physical processes.
- Ability to use basic arithmetic.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited high school, or hold a certificate of high school equivalency (GED).
- Must have an established interest in the operation, maintenance, and repair of wastewater treatment systems.
- Must possess a valid Alabama driver's license, commercial driver license (CDL) of the appropriate class, and a driving record suitable for insurability.
- Must be willing to travel overnight to attend continuing education courses and workshops.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours as required.